MAHANOY AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Child must reside with the parent, legal custodian, guardian or relative caregiver – the child must be legally under the care of the adults with whom they reside to attend a Mahanoy Area School District School. Person registering must be the legal custodial parent. Custody documents may be necessary to establish the legal guardian and to determine residential custody.
Any student seeking admission to the Mahanoy Area School District is required to provide information regarding expulsions, or arrests, which may have resulted in a formal charge and any involvement with the Juvenile Justice System, at the time of initial registration.
The parent, legal custodian, guardian or relative caregiver must provide the following documentation or information, as well as completing an enrollment packet available in the Registration/Attendance Office located in the High School.
- Birth Certificate – with parent’s name on the birth certificate.
- If birth certificate does not contain the parent’s name who is registering, additional guardianship verification is required.
- A legal document may be provided if it states the parent’s name, relationship to child and the child’s date of birth.
- Home telephone number
- Immunization record – must state month/year of each immunization.
- Physical examination within the past 12 months (Elementary students).
- Proof of residence:
Parent, legal custodian, guardian or relative caregiver of school enterers are required to provide TWO proofs of address. The proof of address must contain the name and address of the parent, legal custodian, guardian or relative caregiver.
- Utility bill [Water, Electric, Sewer, Garbage]
- Occupancy Permit [applies to Mahanoy City Borough residents]
- Driver’s License/PA Motor Vehicle ID Card [reflecting updated address]
- Rental Agreement listing parent, legal custodian, guardian or relative caregiver as an occupant.
- Vehicle Registration
- Current Credit Card Bill
- Post Office address change
The copy of the outside of an envelope with the new address on it IS NOT an acceptable form (as proof of residency)
If a student is placed into a foster home, the Foster Parent must provide the placement verification into the foster setting, as well as the required information listed under Registration Requirements.
NOT HAVING THE PROPER PAPERWORK CAN DELAY ENROLLMENT
Any questions or concerns, please call 570-773-3443 ext 4008 email:email@example.com